For my individual non-textual piece, I decided to use music to display a form of revolution. I created a medley of popular songs through different time periods. This is just a draft, but so far, I have a medley of these 6 songs:
- Fly me to the Moon, made famous by Frank Sinatra (1964)
- Hey Jude by The Beatles (1968)
- Just the Two of Us by Grover Washington Jr. (1982)
- My Heart Will Go On by Céline Dion (1998)
- A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton (2002)
- Stay With Me by Sam Smith (2013)
When we hear songs that are 49 years apart, we can spot the difference in musical styles. This medley shows how something such as music will change very gradually over time. Revolutions don’t always have to be a sudden, abrupt shift in ideas. Revolutions can have the same drastic change, just spread out over a long period of time. Below is a pictures of the notes I made to myself while planning out the medley.